Random Pics from the Last Month
Yeah, somewhere in those bubbles is our daughter. When she got in the tub that night she said, "Mommy, these are the most bubbles ever." Since the move and getting to DC, we have taken some random pictures that I wanted to post. Some were taken with my cellphone so the quality isn't so great but at least the moments were captured. Enjoy.
The song came on Radio Margaritaville a few mornings ago on the way to work. K liked it just a tad. That night we downloaded it off of I-Tunes and it has gotten repeated plays on the Ipod ever since. And yes, K now knows practically every word.
K ready for a picnic we went to this past weekend. I played softball for the first time since my first year of law school and K got to play in a moon bounce.
Haircut time for K. Just a little excited.
Sleepy time for K. This was taken somewhere in northern North Carolina on our way home from Kerrie's parents.
Odd as it may sound, we have wildlife outside of our Kingstowne townhouse - much more than we had in Texas. Almost every morning we have a rabbit in our front yard. In typical Karlyle fashion, she promptly named him Rabbit (my choice was Fu Fu). Anyway, here is my attempt to get close to him and the result of me invading his space.
K trying to grab leaves. Not pictured is Mo running in the rest of the front yard (still an odd thing to say considering we are in a townhouse-got to love the end unit). I was standing on our landing throwing deep pass routes to her with a tennis ball. Yep...we are ready for football season.
During our first weekend in DC, I just happened to be looking on an Alexandria website when I saw they were having a festival in old town on Saturday and Sunday. Headlining the deal was one of my all-time favorite bands, Toad the Wet Sprocket who just recently got back together after about 10 years. I would say they are a firm top-10, borderline top-5 on the all-time list. Did I mention tickets were a whole $15 each?
Anyway, I freaked out just a little (alright, a little more than a little) and, even though it was raining at the time I came across this information, Kerrie was all in. So, 6 hours later, she and I, along with the Guzzanos, were jamming on the grass. I was texting Derek at a record pace with songs they performed (he's as big a fan as I am) and I was totally happy. Definitely a good start back in the DC area.
Of course, I forgot the real camera so this was the best picture I could get. I tried to get some video but it sounded awful. Still kicking myself.
