First Weekend At Home
This past weekend was C's first full one at home. The order of the weekend....REST! And except for about four hours on Saturday evening (Geaux Tigers) I think we got about as much rest as a one-week-old will give you. C got to spend his first Saturday at home lounging on the couch watching college football....the first of many. He began by watching UGA struggle against Auburn (and was upset that UGA did not bite an Auburn player this year), then he was taught how not to cover onside kicks (nice job Notre Dame), and then saw Florida destroy South Carolina (although I did tell him that back in the day the South Carolina head coach used to actually throw his visor around and also used to coach at the school he was now coaching against- this exchange resulted in C looking at me weird, burping, and falling back to sleep).
Since it did not kickoff until 8 eastern, the little guy crashed by the 1st quarter of the LSU game - thankfully he did not see the debacle known as the first three and a half quarters. However, I believe I woke him up at least 3 times during the 4th quarter. Nothing like 37 points in 16 minutes to erase perhaps the most infuriating 44 minutes of football I believe I have ever watched (and if I hear one word about how bad it was that it took a miracle comeback to beat an inferior opponent, I will only say that at least we came back and won...coughcoughLA-Monroecoughcough).
On Sunday, C made his first trip to church...and promptly slept through it. Hopefully no one will hold that against him. In the afternoon, while C was again sleeping, the girls and I made a little pile of leaves (meaning a huge pile of leaves by Texas standards) and threw the football around. Not a bad weekend.
Friday night story time for the little ones. And I know you like the pants.
Saturday morning meant a little Father/Son nap time after Breakfast #2. FYI - Breakfast #1 is at 6, #2 is at 9.
C & K.
All set for church. Luckily, no other 1-week-old girls were there to fall in love with him, although I did see a four-month-old drooling when she saw him. Of course, that may have been just because she was four months old.
C's church nap took so much out of him that he needed to have another nap when he got home. And no, he was not posed by his parents - he gets that natural.
K in the leaves.
Mo with the nice form tackle.
Good sequence here. K throws the ball to Mo and then, as Mo goes to get it, K creams her.
The standoff. K had just uttered, "This means war!" (Cue The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly whistling)
And they're off.
K gets Mo.
And Mo returns the favor.
Nope...they don't really like each other at all.
Once I came in and went upstairs, I caught Mo just sitting in the yard. Really like this picture.
A long weekend can only mean one thing - more naps!
Here are some videos of this afternoon in the yard.
K liked the leaves.
Covering up Mo.
K's brand of football.
The girls wrestling.
