DC United & Freedom
This past weekend, the girls, C and I went to a DC United & DC Freedom (mens and womens professional soccer teams) soccer game at old RFK Stadium. We got there early, tailgated (if you can call it that - not much compared to Tiger Stadium) and then hit the stadium. The women tied and the men won.
The parking lot an hour before the women's game. Lots of tailgaters. Yet they still charged $15 to park. And they wonder why no one shows up.
Meanwhile, C was preparing for the real football season.
Not many folks at the Freedom game.
Shockingly, K loved the other team's goalie and her outfit. I can't imagine why.
ACKKKK!!! Probably not this forwards best moment.
Of course, they had a kiddieland all set up. Sponsored by VW of course.
At halftime, K convinced me to take her down...and do a little bouncin'.
They also had a dry-erase VW Beetle. I will have to remind K when we next see Aunt Rhonda that she is not to draw on her convertible.
10 points if you can find C and his mommy. Double that if you can find Mo.
And a close up. C was very impressed with the soccer.
A landscape of RFK. Did I mention it was sponsored by VW.
RFK is struggling.
The men's game had a few more folks.
They also had this drummer guy who drummed the whole darn game. I went to sleep with the beat in my head. In fact, I am still typing to that beat right now.
And here we have evidence of K stealing the camera. A good shot by her of the big black clock, of course sponsored by VW. And some duct work, likely sponsored by some installation company that went out of business after this was installed in 1973.
If you look at this shot, it looks like the place was packed. Seriously, take a good look at the folks in this section. This is the "Let's act like we are European fans" section of the stadium. See video below.
