My Trip to KC

posted by The Osborns at 9:47 PM

A few weeks ago, I was out in the Kansas City area for work. During the week, we had a break and I was able to take in a Royals game. Here are the sites from Kaufman Field with their new (and horrendous) jumbotron that is shaped like a crown. The locals there thought it was great. I thought it just slightly took away from the ballgame. I'll let you make your own call on it.

Anyway, the ballgame was great. They played the Indians and were completely dominated the whole game. By the bottom of the ninth, the Royals found themselves down 5-2 and the home crowd was headed to the parking lot. But then, the Indians closer, Kerry Wood of all people, gave up two solo shots and then a walk. Then, he gave up a stand up triple which scored the tying run. Next up, sac fly. And ballgame, 6-5. Kerry threw 24 pitches, got one out, and gave up 2 homeruns, a triple and 4 runs. Pretty sure I could have done that.






Though not a fan of the crownbotron, I have loved the fountains at this stadium dating back to the Bo Jackson days.


Right across the street sits the legendary Arrowhead Stadium.

While I was gone, these were the pictures coming to my phone sent by my lovely bride. I really missed those guys.


C got a new chair while I was out of town. Although the chair is apparently made to where he cannot possibly fall out of it, he figured out a way.


So so sleepy.

Remembering Grannie Jean




Local Weather On The 8's



The Blogs